Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Few Items...

Okay, so I went and gave this big shpeel in RS that I was going to be more on-the-ball and keep the blog updated regularly and then went almost 2 weeks with no posts! I know, you're thinking I'm such a liar! Truth be told, our internet has not been working and that is the reason for my lack-luster blogging skeels these days.

Now onto the real items of business...

Do you know Marybeth Cornwall? She is a sister in our ward and she is amazing! If you don't know her you should get to know her because not only is she totally rad (yes, I just used the word 'rad' what can I say, I was a kid in the 80's and it was cool then and everything retro is cool, right?...I digress...), she also always has such great ideas.

Anyway, Marybeth has started a blog where you can go and share recipes. I don't know about you but I am ALWAYS looking for more things to make for dinner. We tend to have about 10 days worth of meals that we just keep rotating through. Can you say boring? The blog has just barely started and we need your recipes. If you're interested in either contributing or just getting new ideas click here. There are some rules so make sure to read the blog carefully and LET'S GET COOKIN'!!

Also, Chris & Sarah Fryer have opened a snow cone shack called Surf 'n Slurp here in Provo. Click here to visit their blog. Again, if you don't know the Fryers don't let that stop you from visiting the Surf 'n Slurp! Usually either Chris or Sarah is working at the shack, and if not one of them our own Dane Smith works there now too! Mike and I took the kids down there for some deliciousness-in-a-cup last week. You've got to go try it! It is the perfect compliment to these warm summer days.

Do you have something you want to share with the ward? Let me know and I'll post it on the blog. Just leave a comment or email me (see bottom right of page).

1 comment:

Sarah F said...

thanks for mentioning us! :)