Friday, June 19, 2009

Ward Activity Reminder AND Friday Fitness Tip

Two items of business today.

First is a reminder of the ward Pool Party tomorrow from 11:00-1:00 p.m. at the Sparks II Apartments (450 North right behind Gold's Gym). And just to clarify from my previous post, itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot one pieces will be welcomed, as well as tankini's. Lest anyone was confused.

Second, is our Friday Fitness Tip. And today's tips is more of a health tip than a fitness tip. I've been doing a lot of exercising and playing outside and I hope you all realize the importance of wearing sunscreen. I was once a careless 18 year old girl going to BYU-Hawaii and thinking I was invincible. That was 12 years ago and now I'm starting to see the effects of my carelessness in the form of lines, wrinkles, and blotchy skin. Maybe those are just things that come hand-in-hand with being in my 30's now, but I know that proper skin care in my younger years could have prevented some of the aging I'm experiencing now.

So learn from my mistakes and WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN. Not only will it minimize the aging process of your skin, but you'll also avoid sunburns (which, let's be honest, are horrible!!), and more importantly skin cancer.

Enjoy the sunshine, I hear we're acutally suppose to have a lot more of it in the week to come.

1 comment:

marcystroup said...

Funny you should post about the importance of skin care. It is so vital lest we look like grandma's before it actually happens.

I just started a Mary Kay business and I was planning on bringing some skin care products and after sun skin care gel tomorrow at the pool party (they'll be in my car). If anyone wants to buy some. I'm selling any skin care products for 25% off. Just stop by and ask.

Thanks,
Marcy